- 1 How do you cook a turkey breast on a gas grill?
- 2 How long does it take to cook a 1kg turkey breast?
- 3 How long does it take to cook a 2.5 kg turkey breast?
- 4 What temperature to cook a turkey on the grill?
- 5 How do you cook a turkey breast up?
- 6 How long do I cook a turkey breast joint for?
- 7 How many will a 2kg turkey breast feed?
- 8 How long does a turkey breast joint take to cook?
- 9 How long does it take to cook a turkey on a Weber gas grill?
- 10 How many minutes per pound do you BBQ a turkey?
- 11 How long does it take to grill a turkey on a charcoal grill?
- 12 How many people does a 2.5 kg turkey breast serve?
- 13 How do I keep my turkey from drying out?
- 14 How do you cook turkey breast Jamie Oliver?
How do you cook a turkey breast on a gas grill?
Place turkey, breast side up, directly on unlit side of grill. Close lid. Grill about 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until cooked through (internal temperature reaches 165°F). Remove from grill.
How long does it take to cook a 1kg turkey breast?
When it comes to oven temperatures and timings, roast turkey breast has the same requirements as a whole roast turkey – so at a temperature of 190C/170C fan/gas 5, you’ll need to cook it for 40 mins per kilo, plus an additional 20 mins.
How long does it take to cook a 2.5 kg turkey breast?
Turkey Breast Joint Cooking Guide
- 2kg Turkey Breast Joint: 1 hour 40 minutes.
- 2.5kg Turkey Breast Joint: 2 hours.
- 4.5 kg Turkey Breast Joint: 3 hours 20 minutes.
What temperature to cook a turkey on the grill?
- For me, the optimum cooking temperature for turkey on a grill is medium, about 325°F.
- Using a raised cooking grid or using an indirect grilling set up will help gently cook your turkey all the way through.
How do you cook a turkey breast up?
If the turkey breast won’t stay upright in the roasting pan, take two or three feet of aluminum foil, wad it up and partially stuff into the turkey’s chest cavity to create a ” stand ” to keep the breast steady.
How long do I cook a turkey breast joint for?
- Take the turkey breast out of the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature for an hour.
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Weigh the turkey breast and calculate 40 mins per kilo, plus an additional 20 mins.
- Rub the butter over the skin and season well.
How many will a 2kg turkey breast feed?
Herb Fed Free Range Bronze Turkey Breast Joints (allowing for some left overs)
|Size of bird||Portions|
|1.5 – 2kg (3lb3- 4lb4)||up to 6 people|
|2 -2.5kg (4lb4- 5lb5)||7 – 8 people|
|2.5 -3kg (5lb5- 6lb6)||9 – 10 people|
|3 -3.5kg (6lb6- 7lb7)||10 plus people|
How long does a turkey breast joint take to cook?
Cooking times will vary according to the weight of your Turkey or Turkey joint, but as a guide it is a good idea to allow 20 minutes per Kg, plus 70 minutes if the bird or joint is under 4Kg, or plus 90 minutes if it is over 4Kg, at a cooking temperature of 190°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
How long does it take to cook a turkey on a Weber gas grill?
A 10- to 18-pound turkey should take roughly 2 to 3 hours to fully cook at 350 F on a grill. The turkey is ready when a food thermometer inserted into the thickest part of both thighs is between 170 F and 175 F, and the breast has reached at least 160 F.
How many minutes per pound do you BBQ a turkey?
Arrange turkey breast side up, in center of cooking grate. Place lid on grill. Cook 11 to 13 minutes per pound or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh not touching bone registers 180 degrees and the juices run clear.
How long does it take to grill a turkey on a charcoal grill?
Cover grill and roast turkey 2 1/2 to 3 hours (11 to 13 minutes per pound for unstuffed bird), adding 8 to 9 briquettes to each side of pan every hour to maintain a grill temperature of 325 degrees F on oven or grill thermometer.
How many people does a 2.5 kg turkey breast serve?
Gressingham Turkey Breast Roast 1.5- 2.5kg ( Serves 6 to 8) | Sainsbury’s.
How do I keep my turkey from drying out?
“When roasting the whole bird, the key is to cook the legs longer than the breast,” Tommy says. “Once the breast is cooked, remove the legs and put them back in the oven. This stops the breasts drying out.”
How do you cook turkey breast Jamie Oliver?
Place the turkey breast in a roasting tin, cover with tin foil and roast for 1 hour and 20 minutes (or 40 minutes per kilo), removing the foil for the last 20 minutes to allow the bacon to crisp up. Pierce the centre of the turkey and check that the juices run clear.