- 1 How do you cook a turkey breast on a gas grill?
- 2 How long does it take to cook a 1kg turkey breast?
- 3 How long does it take to cook a 3kg turkey breast?
- 4 What temperature to cook a turkey on the grill?
- 5 Do you smoke a turkey breast up or down?
- 6 How long does it take to cook a turkey on a Weber gas grill?
- 7 How long does it take to cook a turkey on a Weber charcoal grill?
- 8 How long does it take a 15 pound turkey to cook?
- 9 How long does it take to cook a 2.5 kg turkey breast?
- 10 How many will a 2kg turkey breast feed?
- 11 How do you cook turkey breast Jamie Oliver?
- 12 How many does a 3kg turkey breast feed?
- 13 Should you cover a turkey crown in foil when cooking?
- 14 How long do I cook a boneless turkey crown?
How do you cook a turkey breast on a gas grill?
Place turkey, breast side up, directly on unlit side of grill. Close lid. Grill about 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until cooked through (internal temperature reaches 165°F). Remove from grill.
How long does it take to cook a 1kg turkey breast?
When it comes to oven temperatures and timings, roast turkey breast has the same requirements as a whole roast turkey – so at a temperature of 190C/170C fan/gas 5, you’ll need to cook it for 40 mins per kilo, plus an additional 20 mins.
How long does it take to cook a 3kg turkey breast?
- Take the turkey breast out of the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature for an hour.
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Weigh the turkey breast and calculate 40 mins per kilo, plus an additional 20 mins.
- Rub the butter over the skin and season well.
What temperature to cook a turkey on the grill?
- For me, the optimum cooking temperature for turkey on a grill is medium, about 325°F.
- Using a raised cooking grid or using an indirect grilling set up will help gently cook your turkey all the way through.
Do you smoke a turkey breast up or down?
Place the turkey, breast side down, directly on the smoker grate. Smoke for 1 hour, maintaining the proper temperature in the smoker.
How long does it take to cook a turkey on a Weber gas grill?
A 10- to 18-pound turkey should take roughly 2 to 3 hours to fully cook at 350 F on a grill. The turkey is ready when a food thermometer inserted into the thickest part of both thighs is between 170 F and 175 F, and the breast has reached at least 160 F.
How long does it take to cook a turkey on a Weber charcoal grill?
The time it takes to smoke a turkey will depend on the size of the bird and the temperature of your grill. You can cook as low as 225F degrees, which will take about 30 minutes per pound. I prefer cooking the bird at 300-350F degrees, which takes about 15 minutes per pound.
How long does it take a 15 pound turkey to cook?
If your turkey weighs 15 to 16 pounds, roast it at: 425°F for 3 to 3¼ hours. 400°F for 3¼ to 3½ hours. 350°F for 3½ to 3¾ hours.
How long does it take to cook a 2.5 kg turkey breast?
Turkey Breast Joint Cooking Guide
- 2kg Turkey Breast Joint: 1 hour 40 minutes.
- 2.5kg Turkey Breast Joint: 2 hours.
- 4.5 kg Turkey Breast Joint: 3 hours 20 minutes.
How many will a 2kg turkey breast feed?
Herb Fed Free Range Bronze Turkey Breast Joints (allowing for some left overs)
|Size of bird||Portions|
|1.5 – 2kg (3lb3- 4lb4)||up to 6 people|
|2 -2.5kg (4lb4- 5lb5)||7 – 8 people|
|2.5 -3kg (5lb5- 6lb6)||9 – 10 people|
|3 -3.5kg (6lb6- 7lb7)||10 plus people|
How do you cook turkey breast Jamie Oliver?
Place the turkey breast in a roasting tin, cover with tin foil and roast for 1 hour and 20 minutes (or 40 minutes per kilo), removing the foil for the last 20 minutes to allow the bacon to crisp up. Pierce the centre of the turkey and check that the juices run clear.
How many does a 3kg turkey breast feed?
The smallest turkeys of 2kg will serve between four to six people. A 3kg to 4.5kg turkey will feed six people which would be an average family Christmas dinner, and will set you back around £35.
Should you cover a turkey crown in foil when cooking?
Cover the turkey crown in foil and roast for 60 minutes. The foil will help keep the breast meat juicy and stop the skin browning too soon and burning before the meat is cooked. Cooking the turkey at a higher temperature will help the turkey skin to brown and crisp up.
How long do I cook a boneless turkey crown?
How to cook a turkey crown
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Put in a roasting tin, skin-side up, and roast for 70 mins plus 20 mins per kg, or until the internal temperature reaches 65-70C.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and rest in a warm place for 20 mins.