- 1 How do you cook a turkey breast on a gas grill?
- 2 How many hours per pound do you cook a turkey breast?
- 3 How long does it take to cook a 9 pound turkey breast?
- 4 How long should you cook a 10 lb turkey?
- 5 What temperature to cook a turkey on the grill?
- 6 Do you smoke a turkey breast up or down?
- 7 How long does it take to cook a 6 pound turkey breast?
- 8 How long does it take to cook a 3 pound Butterball turkey breast?
- 9 How many minutes do you cook a turkey?
- 10 How long do you cook a 10 pound turkey breast in the oven?
- 11 How long does it take to cook a 8 pound turkey breast?
- 12 Should a turkey breast be cooked covered or uncovered?
- 13 How long do you cook a turkey on 325?
- 14 How long does it take to cook a turkey crown?
- 15 Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
How do you cook a turkey breast on a gas grill?
Place turkey, breast side up, directly on unlit side of grill. Close lid. Grill about 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until cooked through (internal temperature reaches 165°F). Remove from grill.
How many hours per pound do you cook a turkey breast?
Depending on the size and cut of your turkey, cook times may vary. When preparing a turkey breast, estimate 1 hour of cook time per 3 pounds of meat. Larger breasts (8 lbs.)
How long does it take to cook a 9 pound turkey breast?
Unstuffed, these turkey breasts take between one and a half and three and a half hours to cook. Stuffed, they’re likely to need at least two and a half to three and a half hours in the oven. A 9 – pound turkey breast is larger than average.
How long should you cook a 10 lb turkey?
How Long to Cook Your Turkey
- 10 pound turkey would take about 130 minutes or 2 hours 10 minutes.
- 12 pound turkey would take 156 minutes, or 2 hours 36 minutes.
- 14 pound turkey would take 182 minutes, or 3 hours 2 minutes.
- 16 pound turkey would take 208 minutes, or 3 hours 28 minutes.
What temperature to cook a turkey on the grill?
- For me, the optimum cooking temperature for turkey on a grill is medium, about 325°F.
- Using a raised cooking grid or using an indirect grilling set up will help gently cook your turkey all the way through.
Do you smoke a turkey breast up or down?
Place the turkey, breast side down, directly on the smoker grate. Smoke for 1 hour, maintaining the proper temperature in the smoker.
How long does it take to cook a 6 pound turkey breast?
Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the roast registers 160 degrees F, 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Transfer the turkey to a cutting board and tent loosely with foil for 30 minutes.
How long does it take to cook a 3 pound Butterball turkey breast?
Cooking Instructions Add ½ cup liquid. Cover and cook on LOW up to 8 hours or on HIGH up to 4 hours, until a minimum internal temperature of 165ºF as measured with a meat thermometer. Turkey must reach 140ºF within 4 hours.
How many minutes do you cook a turkey?
Calculate Turkey Cooking Time and Temperature. The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb turkey ), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
How long do you cook a 10 pound turkey breast in the oven?
Roast in the preheated oven for approx. 20 minutes per pound, until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Measure the temperature in the center of the thickest part of the breast.
How long does it take to cook a 8 pound turkey breast?
A turkey breast takes about an 1 to 1 1/2 hours to cook per 4 pounds of meat. So if you get an 8 pound turkey breast, your cooking time will be more like 3 hours.
Should a turkey breast be cooked covered or uncovered?
Just make sure you uncover the lid about 30 minutes before the turkey’s done roasting so the skin has a chance to get crispy. We’ve found that covering a turkey in foil yields much moister results than roasting it without foil, and we favor simply covering up the breast to even out cooking time.
How long do you cook a turkey on 325?
For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325 °F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
How long does it take to cook a turkey crown?
How to cook a turkey crown
- Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Put in a roasting tin, skin-side up, and roast for 70 mins plus 20 mins per kg, or until the internal temperature reaches 65-70C.
- Remove the turkey from the oven and rest in a warm place for 20 mins.
Is it better to cook a turkey at 325 or 350?
Roast the turkey uncovered at a temperature ranging from 325 °F to 350 °F. Higher temperatures may cause the meat to dry out, but this is preferable to temperatures that are too low which may not allow the interior of the turkey to cook to a safe temperature.