- 1 What temp do you cook turkey breast too?
- 2 How long does it take to cook an 8 pound turkey?
- 3 How do you know when turkey breast is cooked?
- 4 How long does it take to cook a 3 pound Butterball turkey breast?
- 5 How many minutes do you cook a turkey?
- 6 What is the best temperature to cook a turkey?
- 7 How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
- 8 How long does it take to cook a turkey on a Weber gas grill?
- 9 How many minutes per pound do you BBQ a turkey?
- 10 Can you smoke a turkey on a gas grill?
What temp do you cook turkey breast too?
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Place the turkey breast in a roasting pan or on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast the turkey for 30 minutes for boneless breasts or 45-60 minutes for bone-in breasts or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the breast reaches 150-155°F.
How long does it take to cook an 8 pound turkey?
Approximate Times for Roasting an Unstuffed Turkey
|6- 8 lbs.||2 1/2 to 3 hours|
|8 -12 lbs.||3 to 4 hours|
|12-16 lbs.||4 to 5 hours|
|16-20 lbs.||5 to 5 1/2 hours|
How do you know when turkey breast is cooked?
The turkey is done when it reaches 165°F in the thickest part of the breast meat. Start checking after 1 hour of roasting and continue checking every 10 to 15 minutes until the breast is cooked through.
How long does it take to cook a 3 pound Butterball turkey breast?
Cooking Instructions Add ½ cup liquid. Cover and cook on LOW up to 8 hours or on HIGH up to 4 hours, until a minimum internal temperature of 165ºF as measured with a meat thermometer. Turkey must reach 140ºF within 4 hours.
How many minutes do you cook a turkey?
Calculate Turkey Cooking Time and Temperature. The simplest way to figure out turkey roasting times is to calculate 13 minutes per pound at 350°F for an unstuffed turkey (that’s about 3 hours for a 12- to 14-lb turkey ), or 15 minutes per pound for a stuffed turkey.
What is the best temperature to cook a turkey?
165°F is the USDA recommended internal temperature for cooked turkey. The turkey will continue to cook for several minutes after you take it out of the oven, so take it out before the meat reaches those target temperatures.
How long should you cook a turkey at 325?
How Long to Roast a Turkey
- For one 8- to 12-pound turkey, roast at 325 °F for 2¾ to 3 hours.
- For one 12- to 14-pound turkey, roast at 325 °F for 3 to 3¾ hours.
- For one 14- to 18-pound turkey, roast at 325 °F for 3¾ to 4¼ hours.
- For one 18- to 20-pound turkey, roast at 325 °F for 4¼ to 4½ hours.
How long does it take to cook a turkey on a Weber gas grill?
A 10- to 18-pound turkey should take roughly 2 to 3 hours to fully cook at 350 F on a grill. The turkey is ready when a food thermometer inserted into the thickest part of both thighs is between 170 F and 175 F, and the breast has reached at least 160 F.
How many minutes per pound do you BBQ a turkey?
Arrange turkey breast side up, in center of cooking grate. Place lid on grill. Cook 11 to 13 minutes per pound or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh not touching bone registers 180 degrees and the juices run clear.
Can you smoke a turkey on a gas grill?
But you can make this smoked turkey on a gas grill, charcoal grill, or any type of smoker you have. The most important thing is to use a grill where you can create indirect heat, maintain consistent temperatures, and add in the element of wood smoke. Smoking a turkey definitely takes a bit longer than roasting.