- 1 How long does it take to cook a 6kg turkey breast?
- 2 How long does it take to cook a 6 pound turkey?
- 3 How long does it take to cook a 5kg turkey breast?
- 4 How long does it take to cook a 2.5 kg turkey breast?
- 5 How long do you cook a 7.5 lb turkey breast?
- 6 How many hours per pound do you cook a turkey breast?
- 7 What is the best temperature to cook a turkey?
- 8 How long does it take to cook a 23 pound turkey?
- 9 How do you know if turkey breast is cooked?
- 10 How do you cook turkey breast Jamie Oliver?
- 11 How long does it take to cook a turkey breast joint?
- 12 How long does it take to cook a turkey on a Weber gas grill?
- 13 How long does it take to cook a turkey on a Weber charcoal grill?
- 14 Can you smoke a turkey on a gas grill?
How long does it take to cook a 6kg turkey breast?
When it comes to oven temperatures and timings, roast turkey breast has the same requirements as a whole roast turkey – so at a temperature of 190C/170C fan/gas 5, you’ll need to cook it for 40 mins per kilo, plus an additional 20 mins.
How long does it take to cook a 6 pound turkey?
How Long Does It Take to Cook a Turkey?
|Turkey Weight||Cooking Time||Doneness Temperature|
|4- 6 lb. breast||1 hr 30 mins–2 hrs 15 mins||165°F|
|6 -8 lb. breast||2 hrs 15 mins–3 hrs 15 mins||165°F|
|8-12 lbs.||2 hrs 45 mins–3 hrs||170-175°F|
|12-14 lbs.||3 hrs–3 hrs 45 mins||170-175°F|
How long does it take to cook a 5kg turkey breast?
- Take the turkey breast out of the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature for an hour.
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Weigh the turkey breast and calculate 40 mins per kilo, plus an additional 20 mins.
- Rub the butter over the skin and season well.
How long does it take to cook a 2.5 kg turkey breast?
Turkey Breast Joint Cooking Guide
- 2kg Turkey Breast Joint: 1 hour 40 minutes.
- 2.5kg Turkey Breast Joint: 2 hours.
- 4.5 kg Turkey Breast Joint: 3 hours 20 minutes.
How long do you cook a 7.5 lb turkey breast?
Roasting times for a turkey breast cooked in a 325 degrees F oven: Unstuffed, a 2 to 3- pound turkey will cook from 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Unstuffed, a 7 to 8- pound turkey will cook from 2 1/4 to 3 1/4 hours; if stuffed, it will cook in 3 to 4 hours.
How many hours per pound do you cook a turkey breast?
Depending on the size and cut of your turkey, cook times may vary. When preparing a turkey breast, estimate 1 hour of cook time per 3 pounds of meat. Larger breasts (8 lbs.)
What is the best temperature to cook a turkey?
Stick with a temperature of 325°F, which ensures the turkey gets cooked all the way without becoming overdone.
How long does it take to cook a 23 pound turkey?
All cook times are based on placing a whole unstuffed turkey on a rack in a roasting pan and into a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven. How Long to Cook a Turkey.
|Turkey Weight||Servings||Cooking Time|
|18 to 20 lb||12 to 14||4 to 4 1/4 hours|
|20 to 22 lb||14 to 16||4 1/4 to 4 3/4 hours|
|23 to 24 lb||16 to 20||5 to 5 1/4 hours|
How do you know if turkey breast is cooked?
The turkey is done when it reaches 165°F in the thickest part of the breast meat. Start checking after 1 hour of roasting and continue checking every 10 to 15 minutes until the breast is cooked through.
How do you cook turkey breast Jamie Oliver?
Place the turkey breast in a roasting tin, cover with tin foil and roast for 1 hour and 20 minutes (or 40 minutes per kilo), removing the foil for the last 20 minutes to allow the bacon to crisp up. Pierce the centre of the turkey and check that the juices run clear.
How long does it take to cook a turkey breast joint?
Cooking times will vary according to the weight of your Turkey or Turkey joint, but as a guide it is a good idea to allow 20 minutes per Kg, plus 70 minutes if the bird or joint is under 4Kg, or plus 90 minutes if it is over 4Kg, at a cooking temperature of 190°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
How long does it take to cook a turkey on a Weber gas grill?
A 10- to 18-pound turkey should take roughly 2 to 3 hours to fully cook at 350 F on a grill. The turkey is ready when a food thermometer inserted into the thickest part of both thighs is between 170 F and 175 F, and the breast has reached at least 160 F.
How long does it take to cook a turkey on a Weber charcoal grill?
The time it takes to smoke a turkey will depend on the size of the bird and the temperature of your grill. You can cook as low as 225F degrees, which will take about 30 minutes per pound. I prefer cooking the bird at 300-350F degrees, which takes about 15 minutes per pound.
Can you smoke a turkey on a gas grill?
But you can make this smoked turkey on a gas grill, charcoal grill, or any type of smoker you have. The most important thing is to use a grill where you can create indirect heat, maintain consistent temperatures, and add in the element of wood smoke. Smoking a turkey definitely takes a bit longer than roasting.