- 1 How long does it take to cook a turkey breast on a Weber grill?
- 2 How long does it take to cook a 1kg turkey breast?
- 3 How do you smoke a turkey breast on a Weber gas grill?
- 4 How long does it take to cook a turkey breast in a smoker?
- 5 What temperature should turkey breast be cooked at?
- 6 What temperature should I grill my turkey?
- 7 How long does it take to cook a 2.5 kg turkey breast?
- 8 How many will a 2kg turkey breast feed?
- 9 How do you cook a 1kg turkey breast?
- 10 Do you smoke turkey breast up or down?
- 11 Do you wrap turkey breast in foil when smoking?
- 12 How long do you smoke a 3 lb turkey breast?
- 13 How long do you smoke an 8 pound turkey breast?
- 14 How long do you smoke a turkey at 225?
- 15 What is the best wood to smoke a turkey breast?
How long does it take to cook a turkey breast on a Weber grill?
Grill the turkey breast over indirect medium heat, with the lid closed, until the skin is golden and the internal temperature reaches 160 to 165ºF in the thickest part of the breast (not touching the bone), about 1½ hours.
How long does it take to cook a 1kg turkey breast?
When it comes to oven temperatures and timings, roast turkey breast has the same requirements as a whole roast turkey – so at a temperature of 190C/170C fan/gas 5, you’ll need to cook it for 40 mins per kilo, plus an additional 20 mins.
How do you smoke a turkey breast on a Weber gas grill?
Set the cooking grate in-place and close the lid. Bring the internal temperature to 225°F, open the lid and clean and oil the grate. Set the turkey on the grate, close the lid and cook the turkey at 225°F for 2 hours. (Adjust the top vent as needed to keep the temperature at 225°F.)
How long does it take to cook a turkey breast in a smoker?
Smoke turkey, maintaining temperature inside smoker between 225° and 250°, for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 165°. Remove turkey, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
What temperature should turkey breast be cooked at?
The government recommends cooking turkey breast to 165°F (74°C).
What temperature should I grill my turkey?
This set-up allows an even heat to circulate around the turkey. Whether using a grill or a smoker, I’ve found an optimal temperature for cooking a turkey to be around 350°F, plus or minus 25°F.
How long does it take to cook a 2.5 kg turkey breast?
Turkey Breast Joint Cooking Guide
- 2kg Turkey Breast Joint: 1 hour 40 minutes.
- 2.5kg Turkey Breast Joint: 2 hours.
- 4.5 kg Turkey Breast Joint: 3 hours 20 minutes.
How many will a 2kg turkey breast feed?
Herb Fed Free Range Bronze Turkey Breast Joints (allowing for some left overs)
|Size of bird||Portions|
|1.5 – 2kg (3lb3- 4lb4)||up to 6 people|
|2 -2.5kg (4lb4- 5lb5)||7 – 8 people|
|2.5 -3kg (5lb5- 6lb6)||9 – 10 people|
|3 -3.5kg (6lb6- 7lb7)||10 plus people|
How do you cook a 1kg turkey breast?
- Take the turkey breast out of the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature for an hour.
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Weigh the turkey breast and calculate 40 mins per kilo, plus an additional 20 mins.
- Rub the butter over the skin and season well.
Do you smoke turkey breast up or down?
Place the turkey, breast side down, directly on the smoker grate. Smoke for 1 hour, maintaining the proper temperature in the smoker.
Do you wrap turkey breast in foil when smoking?
Remove the turkey from the smoker, place the butter on top of the turkey, and wrap tightly in two layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil, dull side out. The turkey breast ends up braising in quite a lot of melted butter and its own juices and the double layer of foil ensures against leakage.
How long do you smoke a 3 lb turkey breast?
I use 3 – lb boneless turkey breasts and they smoke at 250 degrees F in about 3 hours. If your turkey breast is bone-in, you ‘ll need to add another 1-1.5 hours.
How long do you smoke an 8 pound turkey breast?
Place turkey breast on smoker, breast facing up. I estimate about 35 minutes per pound. Baste the breast with butter approximately once ever hour to keep the skin crispy. Refresh the wood chips with the the remaining wood chips after about 2 hours.
How long do you smoke a turkey at 225?
Cover loosely with foil. Smoke at 225 to 250 degrees F (110 to 120 degrees C) for 10 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C) when measured in the thickest part of the thigh. Baste the bird every 1 to 2 hours with the juices from the bottom of the roasting pan.
What is the best wood to smoke a turkey breast?
There are two kinds of smoking woods, cherry wood and pecan wood, that are ideal for turkey and are the perfect match to its natural taste. Cherry wood will add mild sweet smoke flavor to your turkey and give it an admirable, attractive color.