- 1 How long should I grill turkey breast?
- 2 How long does it take to cook a 1kg turkey breast?
- 3 How long does it take to cook a 3kg turkey breast?
- 4 How do you cook a turkey breast up?
- 5 Do you smoke a turkey breast up or down?
- 6 What temperature should I grill my turkey?
- 7 How long does it take to cook a turkey on a Weber gas grill?
- 8 How many minutes per pound do you BBQ a turkey?
- 9 How long does it take to cook a 2.5 kg turkey breast?
- 10 What temperature should turkey breast be cooked at?
- 11 How many will a 2kg turkey breast feed?
- 12 How do you cook turkey breast Jamie Oliver?
- 13 How many does a 3kg turkey breast feed?
- 14 Should you cover a turkey crown in foil when cooking?
How long should I grill turkey breast?
Cook over medium-high heat until marinade comes to a boil; boil 1 minute. Place turkey breast onto grill over drip pan. Cover; grill, turning and basting occasionally with marinade, 2-2 1/2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 165°F and turkey is no longer pink.
How long does it take to cook a 1kg turkey breast?
When it comes to oven temperatures and timings, roast turkey breast has the same requirements as a whole roast turkey – so at a temperature of 190C/170C fan/gas 5, you’ll need to cook it for 40 mins per kilo, plus an additional 20 mins.
How long does it take to cook a 3kg turkey breast?
- Take the turkey breast out of the fridge and allow it to come to room temperature for an hour.
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5.
- Weigh the turkey breast and calculate 40 mins per kilo, plus an additional 20 mins.
- Rub the butter over the skin and season well.
How do you cook a turkey breast up?
If the turkey breast won’t stay upright in the roasting pan, take two or three feet of aluminum foil, wad it up and partially stuff into the turkey’s chest cavity to create a ” stand ” to keep the breast steady.
Do you smoke a turkey breast up or down?
Place the turkey, breast side down, directly on the smoker grate. Smoke for 1 hour, maintaining the proper temperature in the smoker.
What temperature should I grill my turkey?
This set-up allows an even heat to circulate around the turkey. Whether using a grill or a smoker, I’ve found an optimal temperature for cooking a turkey to be around 350°F, plus or minus 25°F.
How long does it take to cook a turkey on a Weber gas grill?
A 10- to 18-pound turkey should take roughly 2 to 3 hours to fully cook at 350 F on a grill. The turkey is ready when a food thermometer inserted into the thickest part of both thighs is between 170 F and 175 F, and the breast has reached at least 160 F.
How many minutes per pound do you BBQ a turkey?
Arrange turkey breast side up, in center of cooking grate. Place lid on grill. Cook 11 to 13 minutes per pound or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh not touching bone registers 180 degrees and the juices run clear.
How long does it take to cook a 2.5 kg turkey breast?
Turkey Breast Joint Cooking Guide
- 2kg Turkey Breast Joint: 1 hour 40 minutes.
- 2.5kg Turkey Breast Joint: 2 hours.
- 4.5 kg Turkey Breast Joint: 3 hours 20 minutes.
What temperature should turkey breast be cooked at?
The government recommends cooking turkey breast to 165°F (74°C).
How many will a 2kg turkey breast feed?
Herb Fed Free Range Bronze Turkey Breast Joints (allowing for some left overs)
|Size of bird||Portions|
|1.5 – 2kg (3lb3- 4lb4)||up to 6 people|
|2 -2.5kg (4lb4- 5lb5)||7 – 8 people|
|2.5 -3kg (5lb5- 6lb6)||9 – 10 people|
|3 -3.5kg (6lb6- 7lb7)||10 plus people|
How do you cook turkey breast Jamie Oliver?
Place the turkey breast in a roasting tin, cover with tin foil and roast for 1 hour and 20 minutes (or 40 minutes per kilo), removing the foil for the last 20 minutes to allow the bacon to crisp up. Pierce the centre of the turkey and check that the juices run clear.
How many does a 3kg turkey breast feed?
The smallest turkeys of 2kg will serve between four to six people. A 3kg to 4.5kg turkey will feed six people which would be an average family Christmas dinner, and will set you back around £35.
Should you cover a turkey crown in foil when cooking?
Cover the turkey crown in foil and roast for 60 minutes. The foil will help keep the breast meat juicy and stop the skin browning too soon and burning before the meat is cooked. Cooking the turkey at a higher temperature will help the turkey skin to brown and crisp up.